Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G Flex mysterious battery drain.

Options
  • 12-08-2015 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I'm looking for a bit of help please,
    I have an LG Flex now since about May and I absolutely love it, especially the battery life, I've even mentioned it on a few threads here of how I sold on my Note 3 for this and I love everything about it but mostly the battery life,
    this is where my problem is, for the last few days my battery has been drastically dropping even when Just on stand by in my pocket so I downloaded GSam battery monitor and found out what has been hogging my battery is SD Card (System) the strange thing is that the LG G FLex doesn't take an SD card.
    Now I know not many people own the Flex but I'm hoping someone with another android device that also doesn't take an SD card has had this problem and found the cause. I've uninstalled all apps that I downloaded since it started happening and it's still happening. I'd appreciate any help thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hi guys I'm looking for a bit of help please,
    I have an LG Flex now since about May and I absolutely love it, especially the battery life, I've even mentioned it on a few threads here of how I sold on my Note 3 for this and I love everything about it but mostly the battery life,
    this is where my problem is, for the last few days my battery has been drastically dropping even when Just on stand by in my pocket so I downloaded GSam battery monitor and found out what has been hogging my battery is SD Card (System) the strange thing is that the LG G FLex doesn't take an SD card.
    Now I know not many people own the Flex but I'm hoping someone with another android device that also doesn't take an SD card has had this problem and found the cause. I've uninstalled all apps that I downloaded since it started happening and it's still happening. I'd appreciate any help thanks.

Forgot to include the screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Android refers to internal storage as sdcard0 and external as sdcard1. So your "SD Card" is actually the 20 odd gigs of internal storage left after the OS is installed.

If thats eating juice I'd be looking at media apps, if a gallery or player app is constantly reading the data for changes it'll nuke your battery life.

Advertisement