Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbolt .243

Options
  • 12-08-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one?
    Opinions?
    reliable?
    Going to be used for stalking and fox shooting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Never as much as seen one garv, would that itself make it hard to shift second-hand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Vegeta wrote: »
    Never as much as seen one garv, would that itself make it hard to shift second-hand

One of the lads has one in .308 and it's a lightweight and accurate. Can't see much between that and the tikka and they come with a fluted barrel.
    Just looking for any bad points really. The shotgun style safety suits me too been a lefty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Reliability is not something that you have to ask about where a Fabrique Nationale product is concerned. I'm still shooting an FN-made Browning-designed .22 rifle that was made in 1906.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have an A-bolt which was the previous generation, its been a great rifle.
    Japanese made by Miroku, not sure where the X-bolts are made but probably similar.
    Very accurate rifle IMO, and the build quality is exceptional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Slightly OT, but a pat on the head for Miroku/SKB in Japan, makers of Browning trademark firearms for Fabrique Nationale for many years. I don't have a shotgun made by SKB, but I DO have a rifle - a model 1885 Browning High Wall in an out of the ordinary grade of finish that I can't rightly recall now. I bought it second-hand in 2002, in a calibre that is not usually associated with vintage-style single-shot rifles, the venerable 30-06. Even then it was almost twenty years old. The fit and finish are the equal of the very finest English shotgun or rifle, and the bore is as crisp and sharply defined as a new rifle, with about three thousand rounds down the tube. If I had to buy it today, that same model and grade would cost me about 2500eu, and IMO that would be money well-spent.

It paid me back one fine morning a few years back on the Oregon/Nevada border at as the sun came peeking over the hills, silhouetting the groundhog 'farm' on a low ridge. And at just a little after five-thirty, I 'connected' with a groundhog at a measured 547 yards - the very first shot of the day.

I missed everything I shot at thereafter that day.

tac

Advertisement