Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet nappies!

Options
  • 12-08-2015 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I wonder can anyone help me. My 19month old has stopped asking for milk bottles but il give her a warm one before bed. All she looks for during the day is her juice bottle she can easily go through 4 a day. This is in the last 2 weeks but I'm finding it hard keeping up with the nappies. This morning like previous mornings she woke up and all her belly and the bed was wet she soaked through. She is literally filling these nappies like there's no tomorrow. Do I try and find a diff brand etc.

Also while I'm at it, she has her own room and toddler bed but in the last 2 months she has woken in the night and came into our room to come into bed with us. I do just put her between us and she sleeps til 8ish so she's getting a better sleep with us, but has anyone any tips to keep her in her bed all night?

Thanks so much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

ja1986 wrote: »
    I wonder can anyone help me. My 19month old has stopped asking for milk bottles but il give her a warm one before bed. All she looks for during the day is her juice bottle she can easily go through 4 a day. This is in the last 2 weeks but I'm finding it hard keeping up with the nappies. This morning like previous mornings she woke up and all her belly and the bed was wet she soaked through. She is literally filling these nappies like there's no tomorrow. Do I try and find a diff brand etc.

Also while I'm at it, she has her own room and toddler bed but in the last 2 months she has woken in the night and came into our room to come into bed with us. I do just put her between us and she sleeps til 8ish so she's getting a better sleep with us, but has anyone any tips to keep her in her bed all night?

Thanks so much

We find pampera baby dry excellent at keeping ours dry through the night.
    Regarding the juice bottles, please don't think I'm judging but 4 juice bottles per day is really going to rot your little ones teeth! It is the worst thing she could be drinking. Have you tried just water? If she is thirsty she will drink it. I never really give mine juices as it is so bad for their teeth but the very rare occasion the 2.5 yo gets it he drinks it so fast as it is nice and sweet. If I let him he would easily drink 4 bottles of it per day! You might find by giving your little one water instead she won't drink as much of it as it is not sweet like juice.

O also, if you start putting her day time drinks in a sippy cup instead of a bottle you may find she will drink less and take little bits at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Pampers great at night

Maybe try going up a size too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm after moving to these pampers pull ups, it takes a fair amount before they leak anything, way better fit than the ordinary nappies...I'm not frightened to go in and change his nappy in the morning.

http://www.pampers.ie/product/easy-up-pants

Not sure when you mention juice, we just pit a dash of miwadi in the water...he's rarely allowed into the bed unless he's completely hysterical and we've tried putting him down a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My only advice OP is change the nappy again before you go to bed. It is the only thing that I have found to keep my little one dry :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Thanks guys, the juice is sugar free miwadi and only a dash to colour the water but I have been conscious that she's been drinking too much. It is in a sippy cup. I change her nappy before bed and she's still leaking. Sometimes during the day too, and I'm not one of these moms that leaves the nappy on too long she's just basically filling it too fast! Il try those pampers so because Iv already gone up a size on the normal nappies and it's still happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just a thought, but artificial sweeteners can have a diuretic effect so could be causing her to go a bit more than normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Just give her water, there's absolutely no need to give a 'dash' of juice to colour the water. It is bad for their teeth.

What size nappies is she in? Did you try the next size up?

Ya enough about the juice for gods sake. I came on here asking should I change nappies etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Ya enough about the juice for gods sake. I came on here asking should I change nappies etc.

But as Dolbert mentioned, the diuretic effects of the sweeteners could be what's causing her nappies to be so heavy ...

People here are only trying to help you. If I were giving my child juice or diluteables, and I was unaware of how harmful they were to my child's teeth, I'd be thanking anyone who took the time to inform me of the dangers. Not getting snappy about it!

• Advertisement

My guy has been in a pampers baby dry 6+ since I had all my nappy leaking woes. I have tried literally every brand even reuseables! I change him at say 8 or whenever he goes to bed and then say 11 or whenever I go to bed. I would say we have a 70% success rate.
    My guy gets 2 bottles and water during the day. Some little ones are just heavy wetters ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Try to bring the last drink/bottle forward from bedtime. Our eldest had this problem. She would go to bed at 7 or half 7 so last drink was at 6. Gave her time to empty her bladder at bedtime. You can bring it forward slowly.

Millem wrote: »
    My guy has been in a pampers baby dry 6+ since I had all my nappy leaking woes. I have tried literally every brand even reuseables! I change him at say 8 or whenever he goes to bed and then say 11 or whenever I go to bed. I would say we have a 70% success rate.
    My guy gets 2 bottles and water during the day. Some little ones are just heavy wetters ;)

it's just annoying me because iv had a smooth run upto now. Il see how tonight goes. At least I'm not on my own!

theLuggage wrote: »
    Try to bring the last drink/bottle forward from bedtime. Our eldest had this problem. She would go to bed at 7 or half 7 so last drink was at 6. Gave her time to empty her bladder at bedtime. You can bring it forward slowly.

That's a very good idea actually. Il try that tonight too. Thank you :)

But as Dolbert mentioned, the diuretic effects of the sweeteners could be what's causing her nappies to be so heavy ...

People here are only trying to help you. If I were giving my child juice or diluteables, and I was unaware of how harmful they were to my child's teeth, I'd be thanking anyone who took the time to inform me of the dangers. Not getting snappy about it!

Ya sure

Ya sure

What nappies arw u using. I have to say I find the baby dey awesome. The bringing bottle forward is also a good idea. Perhaps try the change of nappy first and then if that doesn't work then bring the bottle forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ya sure

There's absolutely no need for that when people are trying to help and I say that as mod of this forum.

it's just annoying me because iv had a smooth run upto now. Il see how tonight goes. At least I'm not on my own!

Oh listen I hear you!! My boy also wears a grobag so at least the mattress doesn't get destroyed. I even rang pampers over my nappy woes :eek:
    They basically said 6+ baby dry is the most absorbent so just keep changing him in his sleep. Tbh if my LO gets wet he will wake up crying :(

People suggest putting on 2 disposable nappies or putting a tena lady pad at his belly or putting a reusable nappy cover over a disposable. I never tried these options but they have worked for others. I didn't try because I don't want all the urine on his skin or nappy crystals :(

January wrote: »
    There's absolutely no need for that when people are trying to help and I say that as mod of this forum.

I came on here because I was desperate for advice and I like this site. First time posting in this forum and I won't be again. Having 3 posts judging me for using juice when the origional post was for nappies. All I'm doing it trying to help my daughter and make her comfortable so I came askinh for advise but basically been looked down on for giving her juice thank you very much mod

Oh listen I hear you!! My boy also wears a grobag so at least the mattress doesn't get destroyed. I even rang pampers over my nappy woes :eek:
    They basically said 6+ baby dry is the most absorbent so just keep changing him in his sleep. Tbh if my LO gets wet he will wake up crying :(

People suggest putting on 2 disposable nappies or putting a tena lady pad at his belly or putting a reusable nappy cover over a disposable. I never tried these options but they have worked for others. I didn't try because I don't want all the urine on his skin or nappy crystals :(

Oh no! I have to admit your having a worst time than me, you win! I'm just terrified of the nappy rash she could get. Had a very bad time with it a few weeks ago with new teeth, so trying to avoid that again! The pad sounds like a good idea tho to be honest.

• Advertisement

Oh no! I have to admit your having a worst time than me, you win! I'm just terrified of the nappy rash she could get. Had a very bad time with it a few weeks ago with new teeth, so trying to avoid that again! The pad sounds like a good idea tho to be honest.

A girl in work used to put a tena lady pad across her son's belly where nappy ended and she said it kept him dry ;)

I am so used to changing before bedtime now. We have never had nappy rash (touch wood). One nappy I haven't tried is "chicco" they only go to a size 5 but I only checked kilos the other day and they are completely different sizing to pampers! Pampers are small fits! I am using Spanish nappies at the mo and they are WAY WAY bigger in sizing and kilos! Would you believe their 6+ is 25kg+ whereas pampers is 16kg+.

What size is your LO in? I used to find aldi worked for me all night ;)
    I actually have a thread on it somewhere!!

A girl in work used to put a tena lady pad across her son's belly where nappy ended and she said it kept him dry ;)

I am so used to changing before bedtime now. We have never had nappy rash (touch wood). One nappy I haven't tried is "chicco" they only go to a size 5 but I only checked kilos the other day and they are completely different sizing to pampers! Pampers are small fits! I am using Spanish nappies at the mo and they are WAY WAY bigger in sizing and kilos! Would you believe their 6+ is 25kg+ whereas pampers is 16kg+.

What size is your LO in? I used to find aldi worked for me all night ;)
    I actually have a thread on it somewhere!!

I don't know if I done this right but my mom told me to try all different brands and stick to the one that seems the best. I started on pampers for the first few months but I tried Aldis, dunnes and tescos. Tesco nappies are brilliant I have to say up until recently. But awkward because i don't shop there but they're the only ones Iv found to feel comfy on her. She's in 5+ now , have no idea what that is in kgs. Anyway, these problems will pass for us soon, time to get ready for potty training (help)!!!

I don't know if I done this right but my mom told me to try all different brands and stick to the one that seems the best. I started on pampers for the first few months but I tried Aldis, dunnes and tescos. Tesco nappies are brilliant I have to say up until recently. But awkward because i don't shop there but they're the only ones Iv found to feel comfy on her. She's in 5+ now , have no idea what that is in kgs. Anyway, these problems will pass for us soon, time to get ready for potty training (help)!!!

Kids shapes change all the time so you are def doing the right thing changing as your little girl changes to what u find works best. I think pampers baby dry are the most absorbent. But that's not to say they will be the best for for your little one. Best to try a few out and see. Just like uve been doing :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I came on here because I was desperate for advice and I like this site. First time posting in this forum and I won't be again. Having 3 posts judging me for using juice when the origional post was for nappies. All I'm doing it trying to help my daughter and make her comfortable so I came askinh for advise but basically been looked down on for giving her juice thank you very much mod

I gave you advice about the sweeteners possibly making her wee more, as some people don't know that! You're welcome :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Dolbert wrote: »
    I gave you advice about the sweeteners possibly making her wee more, as some people don't know that! You're welcome :rolleyes:

I agree with the diuretic effect. Not everyone is aware of that. What goes in must come out.

Advertisement