Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waistcoat alterations?

Options
  • 11-08-2015 8:16pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if it's possible to get a waistcoat altered?

I bought a new suit, the jacket and the trousers fit perfectly but the waistcoat is a bit too big. Unfortunately they don't have the smaller size in stock any more and won't be getting it in again.

Not sure whether to send it back (can send the waistcoat back by itself), or whether alteration is viable. I'd love to be able to keep it as a three piece, otherwise I wouldn't even bother thinking about this. Realistically it needs to go down a chest size.

I'm not sure though if waistcoat alteration is possible without it ending up looking stupid? Almost all suit alteration sites mention only jacket and trousers.

Anyone got this done before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yep, it's very easy- probably one of the easiest alterations tbh. I've done it myself, both sized up and sized down waistcoats, and added shaping darts etc. just bring it into a decent tailor/ alterations place and they'll do it no problem.

Advertisement