Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Keypad Audio Message and Beep

Options
  • 11-08-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I installed a HKC SecureWatch system about 8 years ago - wired one. Never gave me an ounce of trouble. In the last few days the keypad LCD Display has started to flash the message "Audio Message" three times, then the usual system status appears, then back to the "Audio Message" again. Also, when I disarm the system, after the voice message finishes, I get 2 beeps in a row, and then two more beeps.

I've scoured the installer manual, and gone through most of the engineer mode menu, but I can't see what it is. I have Identified the Keypad, and used the Keypad Options to see if there was anything there, but the closest thing I could find was an option to disable the voice announcement.

I presume I inadvertently hit some keypad combination and turned on some little-used feature, but I can't find out how to undo it. Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,
    Con

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Press the Play button twice that will kill it off.

Its an audio feature on those keypads, it has nothing as such to do with security. Lets say your partner is on the way home, you suddenly realise that you are out of milk. So instead of leaving that 'gone to shop back in 2 mins ' note on the kitchen table all you have to do is press the Rec button on your keypad and when your partner arrives home and switches off the alarm, there is your voice announcing where you are gone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have yet to come across a customer who uses that.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

kub wrote: »
    Press the Play button twice that will kill it off.

Its an audio feature on those keypads, it has nothing as such to do with security. Lets say your partner is on the way home, you suddenly realise that you are out of milk. So instead of leaving that 'gone to shop back in 2 mins ' note on the kitchen table all you have to do is press the Rec button on your keypad and when your partner arrives home and switches off the alarm, there is your voice announcing where you are gone.

Handy feature alright . can't be ignored like a note. But it should automatically play once the system is unset instead of prompting to hit play as not everyone who uses the keypad will know all the buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greycon

Many thanks - I feel dumb now. I scoured the manuals and couldn't find any reference to the message. I had absolutely no idea that such a feature existed.

Cheers,
    Con

Advertisement