Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

280x Dual-x

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You did install the drivers and the AMD gaming Evolved app?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

You did install the drivers and the AMD gaming Evolved app?

This. It might sound odd, but the Drivers included with the Driver CD are probably as far back as Catalyst 13, so just check you're running the 15.7 (I think?) driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

He can't get even the POST to display, and no it's not a card fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Does that model have a uefi bios switch, i've had a similar problem with a 280x toxic and that solved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

bugs wrote:
    Does that model have a uefi bios switch, i've had a similar problem with a 280x toxic and that solved it.
    Ya I've tried it both ways neither works. Also the last update for the mobo was 2013 for the b75 as rock.

• Advertisement

bugs wrote:

Did u turn it on and it worked for you or the other way around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nolars, go into your BIOS and have a look for for the PCI-E settings. If this is switched to Auto try change it to Gen 2 and see if she works then.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

PCI Express based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
    4096MBMinimum of system memory.
    Installation software requires CD-ROM drive.
    DVD playback requires DVD drive.
    Blu-ray / HD DVD playback requires Blu-ray / HD DVD drive.
    750 Watt Power Supply is required.
    1000WattPower Supply is recommended for CrossFireX System.
    2x150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express power connector is required.
    4x150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express power connector is required for CrossFireX system.

PSU recomendations according to newegg.
    According to this the card wants 300W

A 450W PSU does seem a bit low especially for such a power hungry card. What CPU / Motherboard are you using and how many HDD / Disk drives are in the PC?

I don't think this is the issue happening but it may be something that happens down the road if the system is really stressed

This might sound stupid, but you do have two 8 pin power connectors plugged into the card?
    Considering you can update the Bios I feel like a fool asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Nolars wrote: »
    Did u turn it on and it worked for you or the other way around.

Enabled uefi bios, it wouldn't post until I did.

jonny24ie wrote:
    Nolars, go into your BIOS and have a look for for the PCI-E settings. If this is switched to Auto try change it to Gen 2 and see if she works then.

Tryed all that its fine.

• Advertisement

mad turnip wrote:
    This might sound stupid, but you do have two 8 pin power connectors plugged into the card? Considering you can update the Bios I feel like a fool asking.

Ya I realise its fairly low tbh. And no its only a 6 + 8 pin PSU. I'm hoping thats the issue I might aswell get a new PSU now anyhow was looking for an excuse. Shdnt it still be recognised by the PC anyhow if its powered on with lights and fans spinning ? I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd still reckon that's the issue Nolars, not that I had thought of it until you mentioned it.

You could just pick up an adaptor for it

I'd still reckon that's the issue Nolars, not that I had thought of it until you mentioned it.

You could just pick up an adaptor for it

Ya gonna try PC world after work. Otherwise I'll order one I'll report back cheers all.

Advertisement