Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mature orientation

• 11-08-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭

Got word today for orientation for matures many people on here planning on going to it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

JoeR91 wrote: »
    Got word today for orientation for matures many people on here planning on going to it??
    I am anyway. I've a few questions to ask about different things and it will be the perfect time to do it as there won't be huge amounts there, unlike both the first year orientation and general times during the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Nothing to worry about, place is jammed with mature students. Can't turn around without seeing a few of us. I hope you guys enjoy your time in Maynooth as much as I did (and do).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I am anyway. I've a few questions to ask about different things and it will be the perfect time to do it as there won't be huge amounts there, unlike both the first year orientation and general times during the year!

What are you going to be studying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

What are you going to be studying :)
    Science with Education! What about you? And thanks mickstupp, but it's about finance and stuff. Student loans :P

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Science with Education! What about you? And thanks mickstupp, but it's about finance and stuff. Student loans :P

Community and youth work! Seems to be very popular course got into it myself 5 years ago when I did my leaving but decided I needed the time to cop on lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

I'll be there. I've heard the mature student orientation isn't that great, but I think it's still worth it. Plus, there's a free lunch so that's something.

I'll be there. I've heard the mature student orientation isn't that great, but I think it's still worth it. Plus, there's a free lunch so that's something.

Had food there before it was pretty amazing haha maynooth seems to really look after its mature students have few friends already up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

Have a quick question regarding the mature orientation, as I got the letter in the post this week - is the dates listed for mature orientation (those being the 7th and 8th of September) going to be mandatory. I know in the booklet they sent out with the accompanying letter contained days and times for specific courses that they list as mandatory (days that they will do registering and such), but I didn't catch a specific on the mature orientation days. Although I did read that they would be beneficial.

The reason for asking is that I will be starting a part-time course in Maynooth and as such, I'm still going to be working. Arranging a half day for the end of the month is likely, but getting two days off in the first week of September is going to be a definite no chance given my profession and the time of the year.

racersedge wrote: »
    Have a quick question regarding the mature orientation, as I got the letter in the post this week - is the dates listed for mature orientation (those being the 7th and 8th of September) going to be mandatory. I know in the booklet they sent out with the accompanying letter contained days and times for specific courses that they list as mandatory (days that they will do registering and such), but I didn't catch a specific on the mature orientation days. Although I did read that they would be beneficial.

The reason for asking is that I will be starting a part-time course in Maynooth and as such, I'm still going to be working. Arranging a half day for the end of the month is likely, but getting two days off in the first week of September is going to be a definite no chance given my profession and the time of the year.

No you don't have to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

No you don't have to do it

Cool. That's good to know. Ideally, yeah I would love to be able to. But just know that circumstances won't allow me to. Rather be able to focus on getting the time off I need for the actual registering. Thanks for that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement