Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Learning to kayak in Limerick City.

• 11-08-2015 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

I'm not a total novice. I've been in and out of kayaks over the years and I'm comfortable in small boats and generally in the water.

I've never learned to roll though and I think this is key to getting onto more interesting rivers, including our very own Curraghower Wave in the heart of the city.

Where would be a good place to learn the necessary skills? I've checked out both the UL kayak club and Limerick Canoe Club pages but they seem fairly dormant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭BobMc

Try these guys http://www.getwest.ie/ my two kids recently did a camp with them, found it great so they do kids right up to adults

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

That's great. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Boruma

Get west are there every weekend well worth a visit 10e a trial

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭briansun

Limerick kayak club are on the water a few times a week. Club Min entry is an ICU level 2 cert but they run a beginner's course in spring or summer every year. Check out their Facebook page or use the contact details on the website.
    The Kayaking Company is based around Limerick. They offer individual tailored courses in kayaking.
    thekayakco.com/ They're great craic and cover everything you need to know and more!
    Ulkc run pool sessions 3 night's a week as well as midweek and weekend paddling, all conacts are on the websites. Plenty of paddlers in the Limerick area!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭briansun

Limerick kayak club are on the water a few times a week. Club Min entry is an ICU level 2 cert but they run a beginner's course in spring or summer every year. Check out their Facebook page or use the contact details on the website.
    The Kayaking Company is based around Limerick. They offer individual tailored courses in kayaking.
    thekayakco.com/ They're great craic and cover everything you need to know and more!
    Ulkc run pool sessions 3 night's a week as well as midweek and weekend paddling, all contacts are on the websites. Plenty of paddlers in the Limerick area!

• Advertisement
Advertisement