Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini-games/challenges

Options
  • 11-08-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I am running a pay head to head league this year. It's a good source of entertainment during the year with different people to play against each week.

I am trying to increase the fun element by adding mini games/challenges through the year to keep everybody interested, playing and entertained.

So far I have come up with a Manager of the month award, I'm sure it's been done before. The winner of the manager of the month is decided by whoever has the most points accumulated in a calendar month, any ties are decided by points total and then a descending list of stats that I have decided, goals scored etc. Each manager pays the manager of the month €1. The entry fee is only €10 so if you have a good month you pay for your entry. There would be a few gamblers in the 20 teams so I know it'll appeal to them and it would be good fun. Also thinking maybe the lowest scorer of the month has to pay €2 to make it an even €20.

I'm looking for other fun mini games and challenges. I'm thinking of a punishment of some kind for the lowest scoring team of the week or month. Especially to keep the lads who are interested now but come December think they have nothing to play for!

Any suggestions welcome! There are no bad idea's here ;).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

A punishment for anyone scoring <20 would be a bit of craic especially if we have a snowy days in January! Maybe have a specific score as well like anyone who scores 47 has to give the person who scores the highest that week €10 why 47? Why not sure.

If you want to get people mixing up their teams you could have something like if you get the top score for a week and captain a defender then you get €1 from each person. That would also get people using their new chips early!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

jimmii wrote: »
    A punishment for anyone scoring <20 would be a bit of craic especially if we have a snowy days in January! Maybe have a specific score as well like anyone who scores 47 has to give the person who scores the highest that week €10 why 47? Why not sure.

If you want to get people mixing up their teams you could have something like if you get the top score for a week and captain a defender then you get €1 from each person. That would also get people using their new chips early!

That 47 thing is cool!

stephenl15 wrote: »
    That 47 thing is cool!

Can you imagine you are on 46 and you have Theo or someone like that left to play and first sub has 1 point! Oh no Theo is benched dammit then after 25 minutes Giroud goes down injured will Theo get on the pitch before the 30 minute mark oooh its going to be close yes he gets on the pitch at 29 minutes woo hoo 2 points BUT WAIT! 89th minute its 3-1 Arsenal and he has been anonymous Theo is chasing after a long ball from Kosc he's never going to get there he follows through on the defender and get's booked ahhhhhhh 1 pointer so sick. Pay up bro.

Another would be a prize for whoever can have a GW rank of top 1m or top 2m (if you want it to go on a while) for the longest a last man standing type thing with €1 from each person going to the winner then once its over start it again. Maybe have a knock out comp over December/January.

Advertisement