Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Refund

Options
  • 11-08-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm a UK national, I've been working and living in Ireland since Aug 2011. I'm now moving back to the UK then going off travailing for a year or so.

I've completed the P50 form, but never claimed any tax back since I'm here (never really up on the whole tax thing) so wondered if or how it's best to proceed? or Even if i should do?

Cheers,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

blabley wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm a UK national, I've been working and living in Ireland since Aug 2011. I'm now moving back to the UK then going off travailing for a year or so.

I've completed the P50 form, but never claimed any tax back since I'm here (never really up on the whole tax thing) so wondered if or how it's best to proceed? or Even if i should do?

Cheers,

Send in the P50 along with Parts 2 & 3 of your P45.

Be certain to fully complete the section with regard to going abroad, and be certain in the intended duration of stay abroad part (don't put in indefinite or similar - it'll confuse matters)

You can request P21s for previous years back as far as 2011. Put a small note with your P50 saying you wish for these to be done too

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭blabley

Grand, thanks gerrybbadd. Will write a letter to go in with it

Don't suppose you know the correct postal address for the Kildare area I should send it to do you?

From what I found it was either;
    Office of the Revenue Commissioners,
    East & South East Region,
    PAYE Mail Centre,
    P.O. Box 1,
    Rosslare Harbour,
    Co.Wexford.
    or
    4 Claremont Road, Sandymount, Dublin 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's the Rosslare one.