Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choice based letting

Options
  • 11-08-2015 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi I have just received a leaflet re choice based letting with the council. The leaflet isn't really informative as to are these council houses, ie are you renting from the council or a private landlord and how long is the lease. It says you will be offered your preferred area and house type. I haven't heard of this scheme before. Does anybody have any information of n this scheme? I think this is new to cork. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Basically properties are advertised on a website once a week from Friday to Tuesday you'll have to log in using a pin code .
    The council and or private housing groups will post details of properties your entitled to in my case it's 2 bed properties .
    You get to see the name and where the property is and how many rooms .type of heating ,front door or garden
    You will then add it to a basket and submit your interest in the property .
    Now depending how long your on the list you might or might not be offered the property .

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Gatling wrote: »
    Basically properties are advertised on a website once a week from Friday to Tuesday you'll have to log in using a pin code .
    The council and or private housing groups will post details of properties your entitled to in my case it's 2 bed properties .
    You get to see the name and where the property is and how many rooms .type of heating ,front door or garden
    You will then add it to a basket and submit your interest in the property .
    Now depending how long your on the list you might or might not be offered the property .

Thank you. And do you know is this like the same as if you were offered a council house? Or would you have to move on after a while?

ja1986 wrote: »
    Thank you. And do you know is this like the same as if you were offered a council house? Or would you have to move on after a while?

Some will be council property or other housing authorities yes the same as a council house ,
    No you don't have to move on your housed

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Oh ok. Thanks for that. Seems like a good plan at least you can have a look beforehand

ja1986 wrote: »
    Oh ok. Thanks for that. Seems like a good plan at least you can have a look beforehand

We use Google maps to check out address's or have a walk around if it's close by .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 IRLWomen

Anyone know how quick they contact you after you express an interest to say they will bring you for an interview or you weren't successful ?

Advertisement