Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra VHF Repair

Options
  • 10-08-2015 3:01pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

Maybe not the right forum but does anyone in here know where I might get a handheld Cobra Marine VHF radio repaired? It's fairly new but bought in USA so not feasible to return it. Must be a repair centre here in Ireland somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭thelordgod

If you are not prepared to pay for postage then you are not going to get someone to fix it for you either. Unfortunately labour costs vs replacement costs mean that it is often cheaper to buy a new one than repair and as such there aren't many doing repairs any more. Also the modern habit of buying abroad and means that shop after shop is forced to close leaving nowhere to get stuff fixed here. Cobra won't honour the warranty anyway as you are not living in the US. Try contacting their UK office to see if they have any repair centres
    cobraeurope.eu/support

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

thelordgod wrote: »
    If you are not prepared to pay for postage then you are not going to get someone to fix it for you either.

And where did I say I wasn't prepared to pay for postage?
    Cobra won't honour the warranty anyway as you are not living in the US.

Did I mention warranty? I simply asked if there was anyone here doing repairs.
    Try contacting their UK office to see if they have any repair centres

Thank you. You've been most helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Likely repair is more costly than a new one unless it's something simple.

I don't do repairs any more of modern stuff as success rate is too low and charging properly just for the time to take apart and reassemble some miniature sets would be over €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭thelordgod

Lynn Communications in Mullingar do repairs to commercial 2 way radios. It might be worth a call if its a decent radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Cool-a-boola

A colleague of mine found them very helpful in the past for marine VHF software

Hope they can sort you out.

Advertisement