Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromebook wifi

Options
  • 09-08-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭

Funds are limited, can I use a Chromebook laptop easily or is it going to be a learning curve compared to the Windows laptop owners? In particular the wifi and network services? I used Eduroam before in DIT which I never managed to get working on my Android phone so am concerned a Chromebook might be a similar experience in TCD?

Thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Supercell wrote: »
    Funds are limited, can I use a Chromebook laptop easily or is it going to be a learning curve compared to the Windows laptop owners? In particular the wifi and network services? I used Eduroam before in DIT which I never managed to get working on my Android phone so am concerned a Chromebook might be a similar experience in TCD?

Thanks.

I have a Chromebook and have absolutely no issues with connecting to the wifi. If you're struggling connecting there's always IS Services clinic to help you. Chromebooks are great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

My chromebook works perfectly on the college network.Its the best thing for college, as the batteries are excellent on chromebook and most lecturers/rooms dont have outlets to charge a laptop(also one of section of the BLU library, doesnt have outlets either). The only issue you might is for some online assessment stuff for some textbooks. But there is a few computer labs that you can do that stuff on and they are generally have seats, even in the middle of assignment season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

My wife has a HP 13" Chromebook as well. She studies in NUIG. She reckons it's great. She would not have a clue about anything I.T related but she finds the Chromebook so easy to use. Also, as mentioned earlier, the battery life is great so go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks all, sounds great, cant wait to start now!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement