Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time work while on unpaid mat leave

Options
  • 09-08-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going anon looking for advice,
    Would anyone know whether it's possible to work part time while on unpaid mat leave. It's would be a few hours in the evening several days a week. Such short hours would not be an option with main employer as its a regular 9-5 monday-Friday.
    Would it be up to main employer to give permission?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you on state maternity benefit still, or has it run out? If you're on it, then AFAIK no work is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for your reply mrs ob. Mat leave has run out (I'm almost 100% sure that it would not be an option if I was still in receipt of mat benefit unless I stopped receiving payments).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

In that case I imagine its a contractual issue, check your contract of employment, some will stipulate that you need permission to undertake a second job. You are still in the employ of the company, even if on unpaid maternity leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks Mouse Tail, I must fish out my contract and see what it says.

Advertisement