Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a New Gaming PC Advice

Options
  • 09-08-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking to get a new gaming PC basically.

This is what I'm at currently. Its the second one for Alienware X51 €968.99. I cant post the URL but if you google alienware ireland you'll see it.

Now bear in my mind what I'm buying/building my PC, I'm getting a mid range graphics card and going to upgrade every two years thats how I want to do it.

So what I'm looking to buy is something with good RAM, CPU and harddrive. That I wont have to touch for a least 4years. The GPU I'm after NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 around that ballpark is fine.

Does anyone know where I could get a gaming PC For around 900euro NO HIGHER. I'm willing to build my own aswell but would like both options. So links to websites would be great.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You can build an animal for €900

i5 4460 €185
    8gb RAM €50
    1tb HDD €55
    250gb SSD €90
    Case €70
    H97 motherboard €90
    500w PSU €60
    R9 280X or Second hand R9 290 €230
    Recommend the 290 if you can find one, serious upgrade.
    Total is €830, left €40 for a windows key and €30 for delivery.

Amazon is probably good to buy from.
    Everything aside from the GPU will last at least 3-4 years if not more.

With a 290 this'll game at Ultra Settings 1080p 60fps for almost every game, now and the next few months.

Any questions ask away

Advertisement