Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build advice

Options
  • 09-08-2015 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi hope for a little help trying to new/first build togheter,have pieced togheter some items so far,will try to add ssd to it already have hard drive I can use,monitor,keyboard and mouse I already have also.
    I'm looking for advice on a half decent not bank busting GPU bearing I'm mind my old PC only had an hd5450 in it :-) also maybe a windows link if anyone knows one,here is my build so far and thanks for the advice,much appreciated

Intel core i5 4460
    Aero cool D's 120 km fans x2
    Thermal take versa h34
    Be quite pure power l6 500w
    Kingston hyper DDR 1866 fury 8gb
    As rock h97m pro 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 flints11

Please forgive the abundance of typos in post:-)

Could possibly push it to about the 200_250 mark if I'm lucky

200? An i5 4460 is €185 alone.

500 is probably the bare minimum for a gaming PC.

*edit* You've already got that stuff is it?

Yes:-) sorry for not being clearer in post all these late nights are catching up on me lol
    I have purchased these items already and are in transit (I hope) from computer universe as we speak,just stuck on GPU and windows,I mainly play MMOs and such,thanks for reply,will add to steam if I can ever get it to play my games its holding to ransom on me or so it feels:-)

• Advertisement

No worries, I only half read the OP.

A second hand R9 290 or a new 280X are the best jobs for that money, I'll post a windows link in a minute.

Use isthereanydeal.com for sales for games!

Windows

Thanks again,was looking at 280 and 270x earlier,any brand better than the rest? Sapphire MSI etc

Sapphire is probably the best for AMD cards, but MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte are all fine too

Advertisement