Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can this D-Limonene Solvent also be diluted for use as a general purpose cleaner?

Options
  • 09-08-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hello,

Having read about the environmentally friendly properties of D-limonene I thought I'd get some to use as an alternative to more hazardous alternative solvents.

Unable to find it in its pure form I purchased this:
    http://www.arcosafety.ie/product?productcode=3449005

It was called simply 'D-limonene' it was late, I missed the 'Hydrocarbon' bit!, didn't check data sheet and thought it would be pure or contain a harmless mixer of some sort.

Anyway while it will still be useful to me as a substitute for white spirits / rust remover and such, I'm wondering if it is possible / advisable to dilute this product for use as a household cleaner - bath / burnt in stains etc. and pest deterrent - small problem with silverfish - ughhhhh - in the flat.

How safe / non-toxic are its other ingredients :
    KEROSINE - UNSPECIFIED - DISTILLATES (PETROLEUM), HYDROTREATED LIGHT 70-90%
    COCONUT DIETHANOLAMIDE - 1-10&
    2-BUTOXYETHANOL - 1-10%

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement