Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainee accountant interview help!!

Options
  • 09-08-2015 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently working in a business oursourcer as a collections manager my experience prior to my current role was customer service manager.

I have been studying the accounting technician course and have completed year 1 and due to start year 2 in September.

However I have been offered an interview for a trainee accountant position next week.

What type of questions can I expect for this interview?

Are they standard interview questions?
    Eg what have u done? Times you had to multi task? Work in a team? Work under pressure?

Or

Are they very much different for this type of role?

What can I expect to be asked?

Can anyone give me their experiences of having
    such interviews?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

You still looking for advice?

Hey:)

Yes I am, I've the interview tomorrow at 10:00am

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Sorry only got my internet back now. Basically did 4 year degree got a training contract few months ago. Had a few interviews different firms all ask similar questions:

What subjects you like dont like.
    Hows you work in group. How you communicate
    Why accounting.
    Do you know anyone doing accounting exams.
    Maybe a few questions on your work experience.
    How do you plan to juggle work and study.

Most general wasnt asked anything technical goodluck :)

I had my interview this morning. It seemed casual compared to what I'm normal used which is 2-3 people interviewing me in a meeting room and competency based question around giving examples of achieving targets while under pressure etc etc

Today tho the owner of the practice met me in the lobby of a hotel and brought me to the bar and we had coffee and she just discussed my cv, experience,excel skills and how I work within a team I thought it went well and I tried to provide examples for each question but I just felt it was more casual than normal

• Advertisement

It must have went week because the recruitment agency contacted me stating the owner wants to move to reference stage .

Is it normally quite relaxed? It is a small practice 7-10 people so maybe the owner hasn't done a lot of interviews but I'm happy about moving to the reference stage

Would be great to the position and gain experience in the industry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

wally1990 wrote: »
    It must have went week because the recruitment agency contacted me stating the owner wants to move to reference stage .

Is it normally quite relaxed? It is a small practice 7-10 people so maybe the owner hasn't done a lot of interviews but I'm happy about moving to the reference stage

Would be great to the position and gain experience in the industry

It's not that unusual. Usually creates a more relaxed environment for both parties.

Advertisement