Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei E586 Tescomobile

Options
  • 08-08-2015 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I bought a second hand E586 which was locked to 3 and got it unlocked. Purchased the data sim from Tesco and activated my plan. The sim works fine in another Huawei that I own.

I logged on to the modem at 192.168.1.1 and created a new profile for Tesco. Problem is I am not sure on this. According to Tesco I have to put apn type as tmidata but I cant see an option for doing this.

My options are
    Profile Name.
    Dial Up Number *99#
    User Name (left blank)
    Password (left blank)
    APN Dynamic ticked
    IP Address Dynamic ticked

On the Connection Tab it is saying I am connected and network type is changing between WCDMA and HSPA+ but no web pages will load.

Any pointers on where I am going wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

derek_c wrote: »
    I bought a second hand E586 which was locked to 3 and got it unlocked. Purchased the data sim from Tesco and activated my plan. The sim works fine in another Huawei that I own.

I logged on to the modem at 192.168.1.1 and created a new profile for Tesco. Problem is I am not sure on this. According to Tesco I have to put apn type as tmidata but I cant see an option for doing this.

My options are
    Profile Name.
    Dial Up Number *99#
    User Name (left blank)
    Password (left blank)
    APN Dynamic ticked
    IP Address Dynamic ticked

On the Connection Tab it is saying I am connected and network type is changing between WCDMA and HSPA+ but no web pages will load.

Any pointers on where I am going wrong?

Untick APN dynamic if you can it might give an option to type the static APN into a box that Tesco gave you.

Advertisement