Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help before its to late :(

Options
  • 08-08-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello guys,quick question,im getting 21 windows put in,the first few were done friday,just fitted in place and propped,any way as soon as the workers finished up for the weekend i had a look at their work,

Now im no trades man by any means but i noticed a few gaps around the windows where theres no expandable foam at all,mostly the tight bits,but i can still see the light of day from looking through,now the windows are till propped,they havnt been sealed yet on the outside with the silicone,

So should i expect the foam to be WITHOUT FAIL all the way around the window or is it a normal thing to not get it to completely to surround the window,hope that makes sense,

cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

The expanding foam is superficial in that it is used at installation to fix the frame in place until the reveals are finished. So being able to "see daylight" is imo not important.
    What is very important though is that the window frames are made airtight on the inside using proprietary air tightness tape, mastic & possibly membrane.
    Was this specified in the project? If not done then your new window frames will leak air in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 stipower

may check that one,cheers for the reply mick,appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

If you have to check it means there not. You'll have to get someone or do it yourself to seal the windows with airtight tape.

Advertisement