Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus tablet 2015?

Options
  • 08-08-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have heard a few rumours about the next nexus phone but nothing about the tablet.

So far Google has always launched a new tablet every year. In 2013 they didn't refresh the n10 but still released a new n7.

Do you reckon they may not launch anything new? The N9 looks very good but nowadays you would expect the new USB and at least 3gb ram.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

gzoladz wrote: »
    Hi,

I have heard a few rumours about the next nexus phone but nothing about the tablet.

So far Google has always launched a new tablet every year. In 2013 they didn't refresh the n10 but still released a new n7.

Do you reckon they may not launch anything new? The N9 looks very good but nowadays you would expect the new USB and at least 3gb ram.
    They might release two sizes of phones. A large phone might replace a tablet launch. We'll probably know more in a month when it gets closer the date and more leaks are around.

Having had the two nexus 7's I don't think I'd get another as a large phone is a good enough middle ground for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Everything I've seen so far on sites like Android Police seems to indicate a larger 5.7 inch (or more) phone by Huawei and a 5.0 to 5.2 inch sized phone by LG, with the HTC tablet carrying on into next year as the only tablet. (sigh)
    On the plus side, with Huawei and LG the prices might come down a bit from last year's offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

duridian wrote: »
    Everything I've seen so far on sites like Android Police seems to indicate a larger 5.7 inch (or more) phone by Huawei and a 5.0 to 5.2 inch sized phone by LG, with the HTC tablet carrying on into next year as the only tablet. (sigh)
    On the plus side, with Huawei and LG the prices might come down a bit from last year's offerings.

There are some great deals to be had on the nexus 9 at the moment. And by all accounts it is a great tablet if you get it cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Q1 2016 is what I was told for their new 9" tablet.
    Apparently the phones might be out before the end of the year but more likely early next year.
    I briefly saw the Huawei phone - it's slightly smaller than the Nexus 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

• Advertisement
Advertisement