Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden/Log House

Options
  • 08-08-2015 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there, can anyone recommend from personal experience a company who builds wooden/log residential houses? We are looking for a cheaper housing option and thought this seemed the way to go but not too sure. Would love to hear from anyone who has built one and lives it in all year and how much turn key cost was. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have one - snip-

Good build quality, insulation and sound proofing. I've had no issues with it,and its still standing perfectly 4 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Brenni

wonderful, thank you for reply. Can i just ask is it one of the houses? or just an office/cabin? If a house, did it work out cheaper in long run than a normal brick house? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

First question you ask the providers is if the building will meet current building regulations for new dwellings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Brenni

thanks kceire!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bobboberson

Hello

I'm looking into this also could someone pm me

Anthony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 alice_clare

Hey there, just wondering if you went ahead with your log house? We are thinking of building one at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Hey there, just wondering if you went ahead with your log house? We are thinking of building one at the moment!

Looking at tv3 now, I'd be staying away from [snip]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alice_clare

Speedsie wrote: »
    Looking at tv3 now, I'd be staying away from [snip]

Definitely has turned me away from this idea. But the ones on that show aren't the log houses I'm thinking of and I can't post a picture because I'm a new user 🙈

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Definitely has turned me away from this idea. But the ones on that show aren't the log houses I'm thinking of and I can't post a picture because I'm a new user 🙈

What is the Log House you are thinking of?
    Are you thinking of a traditional built structure with some kind of timber cladding to give the appearance of log/wood etc?

Advertisement