Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle to Work Scheme

Options
  • 07-08-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi all, has anyone used the cycle to work scheme where the department has deducted the cost from salary?

I'm checking it out and there's a line in the dept guidance that says salary deductions must be completed by the last payroll in November of the calendar year in which they commence.

I'm interpreting that as the scheme being most worthwhile if I bought the bike in January. (That rule would suggest you can't buy one in November/Devember). If I bought one now, I'd have to pay it off in just 2 months.

Any info is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Yea that's what happened me except I didn't know about the November deadline. Got some shock when my payslip arrived after buying it in October

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Ouch.. I guess the best way then is to wait til January and spread it over 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Just use the feckin' thing when you buy it. It's hilarious the number of people I know who "took advantage" of the Scheme, only for their nice shiny new bikes to be sitting in the garage unused a year or two later. Sure wouldn't it be a shame to dirty it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Ha! It'll be a replacement for a very well used old faithful :D

Advertisement