Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Any Of You Recommend Digs?

Options
  • 07-08-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

As the name implies I was wondering if any of you would recommend student digs. I have been looking at daft.ie and other websites for a long time to no avail and I am now making up my mind if I should keep looking for a house share or I should just take digs. I would like to thank any contributors in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

I've never lived in digs but at this stage, when the accommodation situation is so desperate, I'd be looking to organise something ASAP before the LC results/CAO offers next week and if nothing else was available, I'd go for it.
    Right now theres loads on the accommodation pad website and its still early enough that you can find somewhere decent near the college. Also, its a more temporary arrangement than house-shares/renting. So then if you find somewhere more suitable (or don't like the house/family or whatever) you have the freedom to move. Places on campus accommodation should become free later in the year/by christmas if thats something you'd be interested in - all you have to do is keep an eye out on SISWeb.
    After a month or two in digs, the demand for student accommodation will have eased somewhat, and it'll be easier to look for somewhere else when you're based in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭omicron

If you've nothing sorted now definitely try secure digs, once results are out chances of getting something for less than 7/800 a month will be slim to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fewquestions

I've found a place, so it's all resolved. Thanks for the input

Advertisement