Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy an Aloe Vera plant?

Options
  • 07-08-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Any idea where's the best place to get an Aloe Vera plant ? Looking for a good bang-for-buck ratio ideally... so a cheaper but smaller plant would be less preferable to a bigger but marginally more expensive one.

Alternatively, just let me know where they're selling them at all : )

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Put a wanted advert on Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

St Nics Market on Saturday or Sunday will have some, also on F.b there's a Group call Plant Swop Galway and if you join Freecycle Galway put a wanted in, there's a couple of Members who Regularly Give Away Aloe Vera Plants,
    Garden centres as Well but in my Experience wouldn't go to B&q, everything I've ever bought from there plants wise has died quickly.
    Good Luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭degzs

SameHorse wrote: »
    Any idea where's the best place to get an Aloe Vera plant ? Looking for a good bang-for-buck ratio ideally... so a cheaper but smaller plant would be less preferable to a bigger but marginally more expensive one.

Alternatively, just let me know where they're selling them at all : )

cheers

I have loads Aloe Vera growing and happy to give away a few. PM if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm sure most garden centers would have them, but I know I've seen Aloe Vera in Woodies plenty of times in the indoor plant section.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

nice one degzs,
    and thanks everyone else for your suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

just a quick update to publicly acknowledgge degzs' generosity in sorting me out with some young and healthy aloe vera today. a true gent - thanks a million!! :)

the last aloe vera plant I had lasted over ten years and was quite big, until I left it in the care of someone else while I travelled and they killed it by leaving it outside (last winter)... I won't make that mistake again! the aloe vera degzs gave me will last for at least a decade I'm sure : )

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just bought one in Ikea today for €3. Can't beat the aul Aloe Vera :)

Advertisement