Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs advertised to comply with circular 0025/2015

Options
  • 07-08-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

If an advertisement says this does this essentially mean that it is a position being advertised where a person has worked there for a year and has to reapply(the ward report)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

If an advertisement says this does this essentially mean that it is a position being advertised where a person has worked there for a year and has to reapply(the ward report)?

I just googled the circular number and it's in relation to the new Primary School Database hullabaloo thing. https://www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0025_2015.pdf

You sure you have the right number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Silly me it's 0024/2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Silly me it's 0024/2015

That's the circular related to the Ward Report alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Is it a very polite way of saying that the job is probably gone but we have to advertise anyway? No harm in going for the experience though!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Also may not necessarily be gone. It's a handy way for schools to hire in someone else if they are not happy with who is currently filling the position. And as you say good for interview experience at a minimum anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

There are people who haven't gotten the job on reinterview despite working in the school for a year. It has happened. Apply anyway. At the very least fewer people will be applying for a post advertised in this way.

Advertisement