Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Nexus 6 on Vodafone

Options
  • 07-08-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Vodafone are telling me they cannot provide Data to my Nexus 6 because:

"Vodafone do not stock the device, and do not forecast selling it, therefore they do not have the carrier settings or OTA settings for it.
    Only Talk and Text will be available to you."

Is this the case? I would assume if I configure the APN correctly on the Nexus 6 data should work.

Anyone have experience?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

So I have stuck the SIM in and data is not working. I have copied the APN settings from my old phone and still no joy

Vodafone tell me they don't support data on the Nexus 6 and won't enable it for my account.

Has anyone experienced this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

I had a nexus 6 on Vodafone, Data worked as soon as I put the sim in, 4G Worked perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 I should coco!

Is it a European Nexus 6? Did it work on a previous network or did you just get it on your current network (VF)?

Strange that drver's worked and yours isn't.

Have you tried just selecting another handset for the OTA settings? Like a Nexus 5 or one that is supported...

Its all very strange. I think they have turned data off on my account.
    Can anyone post the son settings they are using with Vodafone? I was using hs.vodafone.ie
    I will try talking to them again tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Just tell them you've galaxy or something and get them to send the OTA to you and see.

Or if you know anyone with an Android device, just copy their settings.

Just tell them you've galaxy or something and get them to send the OTA to you and see.

Or if you know anyone with an Android device, just copy their settings.

That's what I am going to try tomorrow. I have tried every combination of APN and can't get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

Nearly sure it was US version(new sealed in box), LTE instead of 4g, don't have it anymore so can't post up any settings, smashed the screen! So sold it on, have oneplus one now.

I know everyone is wondering the outcome here so I will post the good news.

Told Vodafone I have the SIM in a HTC One M8 and they enabled data on my account again.

Thanks for your support during this harrowing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I had a Nexus 6 twice (2 different one) and both times 4G worked on Vodafone as soon as the sim card was inserted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

nedd wrote: »
    I know everyone is wondering the outcome here so I will post the good news.

Told Vodafone I have the SIM in a HTC One M8 and they enabled data on my account again.

Thanks for your support during this harrowing time.
    What a shower of sh**es. Your data should never have been disabled in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

FrostyJim wrote: »
    What a shower of sh**es. Your data should never have been disabled in the first place.
    I'd be making a complaint. They went out of their way to be awkward about it for no good reason!

Definitely complain. Are you in contract? You might have grounds to get out of it because that sounds seriously dodgy what they did.

Advertisement