Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo on a man that won't age.

Options
  • 07-08-2015 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just looking for a simple answer, what are the areas on a mans body that would be best to get a tattoo that will not age, i.e stretch etc ? Sorry if this question has been asked before and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

All tattoos age. Even if you get it on an area without much potential for the skin to stretch, eventually you'll wrinkle at least a small bit, not to mention the ink will inevitably fade!

Calves would be my best suggestion with regards to a lack of skin stretching, IF you don't work on your legs much in the gym or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭6541

All tattoos age. Even if you get it on an area without much potential for the skin to stretch, eventually you'll wrinkle at least a small bit, not to mention the ink will inevitably fade!

Calves would be my best suggestion with regards to a lack of skin stretching, IF you don't work on your legs much in the gym or anything like that.

Thanks for that, So calves anywhere else. I have a scar on my groin how about that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

6541 wrote: »
    I have a scar on my groin how about that ?

...... what???

Star Lord wrote: »
    ...... what???

Groin, well upper thigh.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What's the scar got to do with a tattoo aging?

• Advertisement

A scar ages with the skin. However tattoos fade, skin stretches and can distort the ink.

Okay, off topic a bit lol ! So what we saying the calf is the best place to get a tatoo if one is concerned about ageing and stretching etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

What ages the tattoo most is exposure to sun really. Picking a design that has clear contrasts and is a good big size for the detail in it is also probably more important than placement in insuring it still looks decent in 10-15 years time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

A scar ages with the skin. However tattoos fade, skin stretches and can distort the ink.

Ive never seen a tattoo distort or stretch with the skin.Unless someone was to go from 30 stone to 10 or the other way around its not going to be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ive never seen a tattoo distort or stretch with the skin.Unless someone was to go from 30 stone to 10 or the other way around its not going to be an issue.

This I know a guy who doubled his body wieght and lost it again and his ink still looks good

• Advertisement
Advertisement