Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SAAB 900i - heating issue

Options
  • 06-08-2015 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am after buying a SAAB . A 1992 900i 3 dr classic shape. I have wanted one for ages and delighted to finally get my hands on one.:)

There are a few issues which I am looking to get sorted.

The main thing is the heating.

The blower fan always seems to be on full blast no matter what number it is set at (1,2,3)

Also the dial that controls where the air distributes only works with at this setting <--> . None of the other options , including the one that demists the window work.

I am not sure if both issues are related.

I’m just wondering what part I should be looking to buy to get it working again

Thanks
    Barr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Your heater valve has failed, so you need a new one,

Your air distribution is probably the lines behind the dash have rotted away, their only rubber, so it's a dash out job, which isnt too bad to do

Your rear demister is one of two things, the switch is buggered, or the element on the rear window is buggered so you'l either need a new element or a switch

Have a looky here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057225986

Most of the common issues have been addressed in the last few pages, if you've any other problems drop me a pm and i'll be happy to help you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

Great looking thread there , some amount of work done :)

I'm glad the air distribution could be something simple , its a real pain just to have one setting working. Once winter comes I'll need to be able to clear the windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Yeah thats usually the problem anyways, fm autos in cork are a saab dealer so if you want to go that route with it they're the guys to go after!

Advertisement