Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to mobile internet

Options
  • 06-08-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

have android phone but have a few very basic questions...

many moons ago i has a phone that i could access internet on and it was very costly.

when i thought i was on wifi. i wasnt and got a big bill so i turned internet off only using wifi.

am having a rethink at the moment and just have one basic question which i cant get my head around.

i love to listen to radio stations on tune in while sitting outside and would like to know,,

a---how can i stay on wifi and not to 3g or 4g?

does wifi over rule mobile internet or do i have to make any changes to my settings?

sorry if i am not making sense....

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Op you can only be connected to WiFi if you are in range of a wi fi connection that is free or you are password connected too. If you are out walking for example you will need to use mobile data eg 3g . You can buy a bundle of mobile data with your provider such as 5 gb for 10 euro . Your phone will connect back to wifi automatically when in range of wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

mick,,

thats what i wanted to know, that it would automatically log on to wifi where possible eg home and work .

thanks

Advertisement