Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AWS or Vmware

Options
  • 06-08-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some advice. I am a windows sys admin, have been for some years now. I am MS certified but would like to branch out into something else.

I was thinking of either VCP certification/training I will have to pay for the course and exams Myself, but willing to do this. I was also thinking about AWS certification as I believe this will become more commonplace and be more specialized.

Has anyone taken the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate or the VMware, install manage and config course, any recommendations ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've a gut feeling that there's going to be a huge backlash against public cloud in the next few years - its guaranteed there'll be mass security breaches at some point. IF this happens there'll be a huge move to re-onsite systems but still heavily virtualised. This is why I bought the books, some extra hardware, etc for vmware (and Citrix) certification - then changed job and didn't go any further with it :o

Advertisement