Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you have done?

Options
  • 06-08-2015 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

my 2 year old was bitten in a playcentre yesterday. I'm just wondering how other parents react when this kind of thing happens? He has bruises on his arm today. Do you speak to the other child's parent? Say nothing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If you didn't say anything at the time, then the moment is gone. Maybe if you see aggressive behaviour again... you either need to get between them, or speak to the other parent. Were they fighting over a toy, or was the child biting other people too?

My little girl went to preschool with a couple of fairly violent autistic children (they only got diagnosed recently, but it was pretty obvious to us when they were smaller). They were a year older than her, but in the same group. There were quite a lot of incidents where they would throw things at other children, kick, bite, punch and scream etc. Completely non-verbal as well. She and the other children learned fast enough to keep out of their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

There is not really much you can do. I presume you were supervising her at the play centre, so you could have said something at the time, but probably too late now. My kids have been hit before in the play centre and I just take them away and say 'hitting is not allowed ' to other child.

Advertisement