Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Writing in 5th & 6th class primary

Options
  • 06-08-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Last year when I undertook creative writing with my class in school, I began working through the different genres such as Diary writing, letter writing, procedural writing etc

I left creative story writing till after Christmas and felt it was rather rushed. I always begin by getting kids to talk about stories, most important bits in a story etc and then I go through beginning, different ways to start a story etc & get them to write their beginning...

We then move on to middle etc.....

Just wondering are they're other ways I can improve the quality of the kids creative writing and stop them writing too much which is not of quality and doesn't fit it. Would appreciate any new approaches that you recommend!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Try starting them with a character, then have them make something bad happen to the character and see where the story goes.

Advertisement