Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry in 5th & 6th Class

Options
  • 06-08-2015 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I am looking for some nice poetry to introduce the kids to when we return to school in September.

I usually cover Seamus Heaney in detail myself as the year progresses and do some of his poems that I feel they are able for like Digging, When All the Others and I often read Mid-Term break to them!

We also cover Robert Frost, stopping at woods and The road not taken....

We analysis these poems in a good bit of detail and look at different terms that turn up in them like similes, metaphors etc...

I was looking for some other poetry to introduce in september maybe some light hearted ones or other but that they would enjoy and maybe start to introduce some of the terms that come up in Poetry....

I would really like to start of well with poetry as it is often hard to keep momentum going with it and keep their interest but I feel if get some nice poems they respond well.....

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Sparky100 wrote: »
    I am looking for some nice poetry to introduce the kids to when we return to school in September.

I usually cover Seamus Heaney in detail myself as the year progresses and do some of his poems that I feel they are able for like Digging, When All the Others and I often read Mid-Term break to them!

We also cover Robert Frost, stopping at woods and The road not taken....

We analysis these poems in a good bit of detail and look at different terms that turn up in them like similes, metaphors etc...

I was looking for some other poetry to introduce in september maybe some light hearted ones or other but that they would enjoy and maybe start to introduce some of the terms that come up in Poetry....

I would really like to start of well with poetry as it is often hard to keep momentum going with it and keep their interest but I feel if get some nice poems they respond well.....

Thanks

I think you might have more luck over in the literature forum

Advertisement