Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dash / Steering Wheel control for music via BT

Options
  • 06-08-2015 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Should be an easy enough find but can't find something that'll exactly do it..

Have an aux cable hooked up my OnePlusOne so can play Spotify over the radio in my car but cannot control music playback (play / pause / previous / next) using the music control on steering wheel - just volume and radio - as below:

maxresdefault.jpg

Ideally looking for something that would click alongside on dash or on top of the wheel - which would control music playback via bluetooth.

Maybe something like this:

hqdefault.jpg

Any suggestions hugely appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd be interested in this. I remember asking before on here, and not getting much response.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This is the best I've seen so far really!

Think I did notice cheaper versions from China on DX or Ebay, but this is the sleekest I've seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

I use an FM transmittor and have the phone on a Kenu Airframe holder and just use the lockscreen gestures on the phone. Means I can play/pause and skip or rewind tracks without unlocking or having to look at the phone or distracting from the road.

The airframe is excellent and holds the phone in place perfectly and is extremely solid for it's small size.

http://www.amazon.com/Kenu-Airframe-Portable-Smartphone-Mount/dp/B00D901B4W

It's not exactly what you're after but I'm happy with it as a solution instead of paying a fortune to 'bluetooth-ify' the car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

breeno wrote: »
    I use an FM transmittor and have the phone on a Kenu Airframe holder and just use the lockscreen gestures on the phone. Means I can play/pause and skip or rewind tracks without unlocking or having to look at the phone or distracting from the road.

The airframe is excellent and holds the phone in place perfectly and is extremely solid for it's small size.

http://www.amazon.com/Kenu-Airframe-Portable-Smartphone-Mount/dp/B00D901B4W

It's not exactly what you're after but I'm happy with it as a solution instead of paying a fortune to 'bluetooth-ify' the car :D

Would you have a link to the FM transmitter you have as there are mixed reports on every one of the ones that I have looked at, would like some real world suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

johnybean wrote: »
    Would you have a link to the FM transmitter you have as there are mixed reports on every one of the ones that I have looked at, would like some real world suggestions.

Cheap and cheerful but sound is perfect and signal always strong. Only thing is it has to be powered by the cigarette lighter, don't think it has a battery built in.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1069507/Trail/searchtext%3EFM+TRANSMITTER.htm

• Advertisement

Cheap and cheerful but sound is perfect and signal always strong. Only thing is it has to be powered by the cigarette lighter, don't think it has a battery built in.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1069507/Trail/searchtext%3EFM+TRANSMITTER.htm

Thanks a million for that, have a €10 voucher for Argos too, win win!!

Decided to order the CODAWheel anyways.. as I said, looks like the sleekest solution!

CODAWheel-Bluetooth-Remote-Control-for-your-smartphone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wait... you need to long press the increase temperature button for voice command?
    Double click the engine starter button for next song?

Jesus... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Seems like a business idea here for someone with a bit of free time and ability to make friends from a Chinese factory

Mr E wrote: »
    Wait... you need to long press the increase temperature button for voice command?
    Double click the engine starter button for next song?

Jesus... :p
    I'm more concerned that she has so many talking buttons in her car...

• Advertisement

I got this on Friday in Dublin and it's AWFUL. It was to replace my belkin tunecast which was starting to give me trouble after 5 years of great service.

Might be my car, my aerial, I don't know. Whatever way the content is transmitted, I just hear the music and no singing. If I try a podcast, I just get static.

Looks like not all fm transmitters are created equal.

Anyone know if a different argos will accept this as a return? I'm not going to be back in Dublin any time soon....

I got this on Friday in Dublin and it's AWFUL. It was to replace my belkin tunecast which was starting to give me trouble after 5 years of great service.

Might be my car, my aerial, I don't know. Whatever way the content is transmitted, I just hear the music and no singing. If I try a podcast, I just get static.

Looks like not all fm transmitters are created equal.

Anyone know if a different argos will accept this as a return? I'm not going to be back in Dublin any time soon....

I would bring it back to argos as it sounds like you got a dud. I also went out and got one based on the good review and I have to say I find it fantastic, not just for the price, I find it very good end of story. Sound is clear and I have only got a slight hint of interference once so, as I say, might be worth bringing it back to argos again

Thanks JB, that's interesting. I'll get a new one so. At least I can test it outside Argos and bring it straight back...

Thanks JB, that's interesting. I'll get a new one so. At least I can test it outside Argos and bring it straight back...

No problem, hope you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Got one of these last week. Great yolk altogether. BT and FM all in one
    Easy to control and skip songs etc.
    Sturdy and looks half decent too
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00QKQC3K8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1439158006&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=tecknet+f32&dpPl=1&dpID=41wMfiODUsL&ref=plSrch

Advertisement