Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying the G-Shock MTGS1000D-1A - any opinions??

Options
  • 05-08-2015 10:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

You'd buy that watch cos you want to wear it, so if you like it I think it's a good choice.
    I think it's class, they are €940 on creation I don't know what the duty would be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Setting the time and date on some of those Casios is quite complicated, so the radio control feature is probably worth it to avoid that.

This system has been around for quite a while so I don't think its going to go away anytime soon. It might be replaced by GPS time synchronisation at some point but watches that use that (e.g. Seiko Astron) are still very expensive. We can pick up the signal from the Anthorn transmitter in Cumbria. This has a range of 1500km so should work all over Ireland, although there may be places in the shadow of hills etc where it doesn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Anjobe

TBH, I really like it but I'm not sure I'd spend that much on a G-Shock!

Advertisement