Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

becoming a bookkeeper?

Options
  • 05-08-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi guys I am interested in accounting but don't have the funds nor time for full time college , I would be interested in becoming a bookkeeper to start off can anyone recommend any courses?

I have no third level education btw but have been given ati first years books by a friend and I seem to enjoy learning it myself at home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FullGasCycle

One of the guys in the office did a evenng course in FAS. You might have to pay a very small tuition fee if your not on the dole etc. Do that and then get a job in bookkeeping asap, nothing like learning on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Wow he did just the course from fas thought they wouldn't be worth much in job hunting. I have seen a taxation course level 6 evening course if that's relatable

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wow he did just the course from fas thought they wouldn't be worth much in job hunting. I have seen a taxation course level 6 evening course if that's relatable

Try to go for VAT AND Payroll courses. The more studying you can do in VAT and PAYE will benefit you long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Thanks for the advice just signed up for payroll course but until it starts I ll still read over the ati books

Advertisement