Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barrel threading limerick area

Options
  • 05-08-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

any body know any gunsmiths around limerick that would thread a barrel for a silencer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deerhunter 25-06

whoever you get to do it make sure they are competent at the job,i got a rifle done a few years ago and couldnt get it to hold zero,i took it to someone to look at.he said it was a terrible job and had to cut an inch or so off the barrel and rethread it for me.checkout who your giving your gun to,best of luck .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭German pointer

I live in Limerick and sent my rifle away by courier for a thread job as I would trust no one around Limerick with it. Try Dom Byrne or Enda Walsh's. Fastway will collect it from your home and deliver for about €15

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Heavy handed

There's a guy in Abbeyfeale that treads barrels. Seen his work and there's nothing wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

by any chance is that Liam Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Limerick is pretty much a desert for shooting things.Took mine to Enda Walsh down Waterford or Fabian Connolly up in Letrim.You really need someone who knows what they are on about when it comes to barrel threading.There are plenty of ruined barrels out there by gun plumbers who thought its a simple job to do.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Hunter456 wrote: »
    by any chance is that Liam Walsh

It's not Liam Walsh but I think this guy knows Liam. I'm in limerick but sent my sako off to doms customs rifles. He had it done and returned to me in under a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭German pointer

Look at the above posts. 3 shooters from Limerick that have commented here have sent rifles away for threading work. That should tell you a story

got a price from lazy dog shooting out east limerick direction 60 euro for a barrel thread rang 1 or 2 lads to confirm was the work any good they said it was good no problems, now to pick up a moderator.

Never knew ray Samson done threading. What gun and cal you getting done.

Never knew ray Samson done threading. What gun and cal you getting done.

one of the lads said it to me that Ray threads barrels said his never had a problem, savage axis in 223.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 stoger

Hunter456 wrote: »
    one of the lads said it to me that Ray threads barrels said his never had a problem, savage axis in 223.

Ray sends them off to get threading done not sure who

Advertisement