Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a book.....

Options
  • 05-08-2015 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

.... please!

So a long distance friend of mine (I met on travels in Nepal a few years ago) has just informed me that she is currently recovering - 3 months post operation - following some major surgery to have a very large tumour removed.

Anyway... I've only just found out about this. I said I would send her a wee care package from Ireland. I'll probably include some tea / biscuits / sweets etc etc.

I thought a book to go along with this would be nice... I have no idea where to start. Maybe an Irish author, maybe a feel good story?

She's an intelligent girl, from the USA, 39 years old, works in banking.... any recommendations and why you would recommend it? I'm not an avid reader myself.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Any idea if she likes reading? If so, what sort of stories does she like?

If she's not an avid reader perhaps a collection of short stories, maybe Irish stories? Maeve Binchy?

I think David Nicholls and Nicholas Sparks are successful romance novelists with feel good stories maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oEmmao

The Girl with all the Gifts by M.R. Carey

not a feel good story, but is very interesting and different to others ive read

Advertisement