Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Back to School

Options
  • 05-08-2015 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭

There was a report on RTÉ News last night with a piece on Back to School. Amongst other things it claimed the cost of sending a Senior Infant back to school was c.€335! As a parent of a senior infant going back next month I am at a loss as to how they came up with this figure. Any insights AH?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

namloc1980 wrote: »
    There was a report on RTÉ News last night with a piece on Back to School. Amongst other things it claimed the cost of sending a Senior Infant back to school was c.€335! As a parent of a senior infant going back next month I am at a loss as to how they came up with this figure. Any insights AH?

It's due to be wet in the west with sunny spells breaking through along the East and South East.

The bizzare sub tropical conditions will persist in arklow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gavlor wrote: »
    It's due to be wet in the west with sunny spells breaking through along the East and South East.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Gavlor wrote: »

I am also intrigued how this ended up in the weather forum unless the price of raincoats has gone through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

It's those fecking Chemtrails I tells YA.. Not only poisoning our children but running up the cost of school!! ☁️✈️

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Children should be sent to school in the summer so we get better weather, and we could save money on heating schools in the winter if we gave then two to three months holidays from December to February.

Or lots of exams for students if we are in a wet period, it attracts better weather.
    Students have not had enough exams in the past month as we missed a bit of heat in the sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I know it's the wrong forum but I'll answer here anyway.

Our daughter is going into 2nd class this year and we bought her school uniform and tracksuit at the weekend and that came to €140.
    The school asks for a contribution from Parents every year to cover photocopying etc and that was €150.

We picked up school shoes in Clarks in Kildare Village for €32 and we've still to get lunchbox/pencil case/school bag. It all adds up pretty quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Have child in third class,
    €53 rental/photocopying
    €50 Easons workbooks, copies, diary €22 Schoolwear sweatshirt
    €100, Bus Eireann school transport year
    €20 for 24 hour insurance, about
    €50 school shoes in sales
    €50 three fundraisers during school year
    Luckily, our school can buy generic uniform and sew/iron on crest, I think schoolwear sweatshirt is better quality and does school year, so I buy one, trousers I have but can pick up grey bottoms or navy tracksuit easy during the year, school bag going into 3rd year as is pencil case so it is expensive and that is just for one child, haven't included pencils/colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

OP - after hours (where I reckon you meant to post this :D) is this away ==> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=7

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement