Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning

Options
  • 05-08-2015 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Morning All,

I'm look for some direction.

I'm looking to renovate an old 1970's bungalow and have drawn up a scaled floor plan that I am very happy with.

I will require planning permission. Without employing an Architect what is the best/easiest way of getting all the documentation in order, drawings, site levels etc. for submission to the planning authority.

I feel I don't need an architect so don't want to be paying top dollar to get planning.

All comments welcomed.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Morning All,

I'm look for some direction.

I'm looking to renovate an old 1970's bungalow and have drawn up a scaled floor plan that I am very happy with.

I will require planning permission. Without employing an Architect what is the best/easiest way of getting all the documentation in order, drawings, site levels etc. for submission to the planning authority.

I feel I don't need an architect so don't want to be paying top dollar to get planning.

All comments welcomed.

Thanks.

D.

Draw up plans to Department of Environment drawing standards.
    gather all required documents, OSi Maps, newspaper notice etc
    ensure the wording is correct to match the development.
    make sure the markings are correct on all the maps and all required dimensions are on them.

drawings required are plans, sections, elevations, site plans, existing and proposed.

Then print 6 copies of each item and lodge for planning and hope that you scaled properly on all 6 prints.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

Hire an architectural technician.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,135 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The world has changed while we were not looking. The whole business has become much more complicated - you will probably also need a squad of people to sign on, sign off, supervise design, time lunchbreaks etc. Get someone to do it for you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hire an architectural technician.

3year old thread. I’d say they got sorted by now. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement