Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringsend Recycling Centre

Options
  • 05-08-2015 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,
    We are looking into moving to an apartment in Ringsend and it turns ot to be situated next to the Ringsend Recycling Centre. Walking by the recycling centre, after having viewed the apartment, we noticed some bad smell.
    Does anyone know if this smell is common and how much it tends to spread in the neighbourhood?
    Also, what kind of activities are conducted at the recycling station? Do they process the garbage left there and burn the black bag waste there or is it transported else where?
    I can't find any information online except what kind of garbage that is accepted and opening hours. Not very informative for my questions.

Thankfull for any information given.

Regards,

Evase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I don't think the recycling centre deals with any compostable/rotting waste (open to correction on that though).

The smell you noticed may have come from the sewage treatment plant nearby (the smell was particularly bad yesterday). Don't know what all the factors are in how bad the odour is from it, but wind direction would be one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 evase

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.
    In accordance to a notice board outside the recycling station they accept black bag household waste at a cost of €4 per bag.
    I don't think it was the water plant since the smell was very local just around the recycling station.
    But it is good to know that the water plant smells. I had the impression that that problem had been solved and that the water plant didn't smell much any more.

/ Evase

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

OK well that's presumably the more logical explanation then.

The sewage plant had got a million times better in recent years, but I just happened to be down there yesterday and it was particularly bad. I can't say if that happens often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's plenty of rotting seaweed on the beaches around the Bay which some times causes a helluva stink. It certainly is a big culprit for stinkiness on the north side of the Bay, not sure how bad it gets on the south side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 evase

Hi,
    Rotting seaweed I am used to having grown up near the sea. :) Not always the nicest smell but in a weird way "homely" in my head...

• Advertisement
Advertisement