Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mk5 1.9TDI Golf Engine Management Help

Options
  • 04-08-2015 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi

I have a Mk5 VW Golf 1.9TDI PD105. Engine management light on, It comes on and off but and stays on when driving, can be cleared with diagnostics tool but showing a fault p2108 TAC (Throttle Actuator Control Module), the car runs perfectly when the light is on and off.

On a few occasions the heater plug light comes on, when I start the car there is no power for a few minutes then the heater plug light flashes and stays flashing when driving but the car is in limp mode. The car is harder to start when its hot but starts fine when cold.

Yesterday I took off the The throttle body and EGR valve, both were dirty, cleaned them and the air mass flow and air intake sensors but the engine management light still comes on but the heater plug light still didn't come on since. I also checked the 10amp fuse for the throttle body and it wasn't blown. Took the leads off the battery over night and made no difference. However the Flashing heater plug light hasn't come on since, but not to say it wont come on.

Anyone have the same problem, any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement