Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering/job seekers allowance

Options
  • 04-08-2015 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm on jobseekers allowance at the moment & was thinking of volunteering, will my payments be cut?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

rachelg1 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm on jobseekers allowance at the moment & was thinking of volunteering, will my payments be cut?

They shouldn't be if you are still actively seeking work.
    I was out of work for a year and I volunteered throughout that entire period at various events. I also got a nice letter from the volunteer centre to add to my cv.

Speak to the social welfare, volunteering saved me from going nuts and it keeps you interacting with the public and potentially allow for up skilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rachelg1

Thanks The_Morrigan I think i'm already nuts ha really need to get out of the house asap!!!

Advertisement