Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Music Practical

Options
  • 04-08-2015 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

So I'm doing my Leaving this year, I'm taking music outside of school.
    For the practical, I'm Grade 8 at piano so I'm doing four pieces there. I also want to do music technology as my practical elective, but I don't really know what it involves.

As far as I understand, I bring in a sixteen bar piece with 4 voices, and type it up on a computer. What else is there to it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

So I'm doing my Leaving this year, I'm taking music outside of school.
    For the practical, I'm Grade 8 at piano so I'm doing four pieces there. I also want to do music technology as my practical elective, but I don't really know what it involves.

As far as I understand, I bring in a sixteen bar piece with 4 voices, and type it up on a computer. What else is there to it?

Do you have a programme? Sibelius is the most common (it costs but schools have the education version so it is free). Musescore is free and as good.

You must also do three edits.

I'll do a "play-through" of my Music practical since I did the same. Played the 4 pieces, did the sight reading. Then went to the computer to do the Tech. Opened the programme and she asked to see my sheet music that I was inputting. She asked me to input 4 bars of the tracks and playback, then asked me to input the following 4 bars of the tracks and playback. She asked me to save, close and re-open. Then asked me to make three INDIVIDUAL edits. After each edit you save, close, reopen and play.

It's pretty easy but you should definitely practice and time yourself doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 boziey

Hi sorry hopefully you see this , but I am doing the same this year and using muscore , I am just wondering what edits would you recommend making because when I try to change key signature or add dynamics I can't clearly hear the difference. Thanks for any help!

Advertisement