Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting this tattoo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why would you get that one? Somebody already has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Because I like it. But I'd change it a bit anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looks like a lot of work. I'm not gonna give you a ballpark, but it won't be cheap.
    Then you need an artist that can do this particular one. That will be a challenge in itself.
    I'd suggest bring a big photo and ask around local places to see if they've done something similar before. Get a quote.

biko wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of work. I'm not gonna give you a ballpark, but it won't be cheap.
    Then you need an artist that can do this particular one. That will be a challenge in itself.
    I'd suggest bring a big photo and ask around local places to see if they've done something similar before. Get a quote.

I know it wouldn't be cheap but would you be talking 3 or 400 ? My brother gets his tattoos done in cork, not sure of his name now but hes supposed be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

lol 3-4 is cheap

• Advertisement

lol 3-4 is cheap

Gona have to forget about that tattoo so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go around the artists with a pic and get a quote, it's the best way to find out how much you need to save up.

Tbh, I wouldn't go with that design but that's me.
    Maybe choose a smaller and simpler design, it will be cheaper too.

biko wrote: »
    Go around the artists with a pic and get a quote, it's the best way to find out how much you need to save up.

Tbh, I wouldn't go with that design but that's me.
    Maybe choose a smaller and simpler design, it will be cheaper too.

Tbh I'm getting turned off it now the more I look at it. My head is done in tho thinking of what to get

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Tbh I'm getting turned off it now the more I look at it. My head is done in tho thinking of what to get

Could be that it's not time for you to get a tattoo then. I wouldn't try to force it for the sake of getting a tattoo.

Orim wrote: »
    Could be that it's not time for you to get a tattoo then. I wouldn't try to force it for the sake of getting a tattoo.

was about to say something similar, yeah some people like me put **** all though into tattoos and just get stuff we like but others need to have that spark of oooohhh I want that and you seem to be that type so just hold off till ya get it, and really be at least willing to spend 500 on ink, so if it does come as less it's a good thing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I would think a good method of choosing a tatoo is to find one you like and put a picture on your wall where you will see it everyday numerous times. After a year to 18 months if you still like it then go for it.

The one in the OP looks cool but I think it could look awful unless it was done properly.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I would think a good method of choosing a tatoo is to find one you like and put a picture on your wall where you will see it everyday numerous times. After a year to 18 months if you still like it then go for it.

The one in the OP looks cool but I think it could look awful unless it was done properly.

I got the back of my knee done because it filled the space nicely. Literally thought of it in the morning, had it done by the evening!

I know I want tattoos. There's no doubt about that , I want a sleeve eventually. But I just want to get the right ones. Say if I got a soccer club crest on my forearm , would it be easy enough to blend it in with completely different things in the future?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I know I want tattoos. There's no doubt about that , I want a sleeve eventually. But I just want to get the right ones. Say if I got a soccer club crest on my forearm , would it be easy enough to blend it in with completely different things in the future?

no not crests they dont exactly blend

no not crests they dont exactly blend

Might get the crest on my chest so instead and think of something else for my arm

Advertisement