Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 - loose screen

Options
  • 03-08-2015 11:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Got an iPhone 6 last November and after a couple of days, without being in a case, noticed in the bottom right corner the screen seemed a tiny bit loose and made a slight kind of clicking noise when pressed. Didn't really bother me so I left it. All the other corners are fine. It's been in a case since and took it off tonight to clean it out, but noticed that there now seems to be a very slight gap between the glass and metal along the bottom of the phone and there's still the clicking corner. Might give Apple a ring tomorrow to see if they'll take a look but any advice? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

I have a similar issue where the centre of the screen clicks and feels like it has some give. Corners are ok. Coincidentally I got mine last November also. Was planning on giving Apple a call so would be interested in how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

I had the same issue with my 6 Plus, but mine was clicking in the top right. I set up a repair/service through the Apple Support website and they sent out a box to put the iPhone in.

UPS collected it on a Monday and delivered a replacement on the Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Gave apple a ring there and they said that they can set up a repair/replacement if I want or to contact three as it's still in contract and see what they can do. They'll take a look at the phone and see what it needs, usually takes 7-10 working days. Obviously if there's been accidental damage from dropping or whatever it it'll cost, but if not it'll be free as it's still under warranty. TBH I'd prefer to have apple fix it from previous experience with ipod repairs instead of three, but I'll have to get on to three anyway as I have insurance on it and want to find out what the story is with regards to a replacement device if apple send one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Gave apple a ring there and they said that they can set up a repair/replacement if I want or to contact three as it's still in contract and see what they can do. They'll take a look at the phone and see what it needs, usually takes 7-10 working days. Obviously if there's been accidental damage from dropping or whatever it it'll cost, but if not it'll be free as it's still under warranty. TBH I'd prefer to have apple fix it from previous experience with ipod repairs instead of three, but I'll have to get on to three anyway as I have insurance on it and want to find out what the story is with regards to a replacement device if apple send one.

Long story, but you are much better off dealing with Apple directly rather than going through Three. Far, far quicker repair/replacement through Apple directly. Three will only send it to "technicians", who will faff about and end up sending it to Apple themselves. Do yourself a favour and cut out the middle man and save yourself about a fortnight without the phone. I learned the hard way! Your insurance should not be affected if it's a warranty repair/replacement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Long story, but you are much better off dealing with Apple directly rather than going through Three. Far, far quicker repair/replacement through Apple directly. Three will only send it to "technicians", who will faff about and end up sending it to Apple themselves. Do yourself a favour and cut out the middle man and save yourself about a fortnight without the phone. I learned the hard way! Your insurance should not be affected if it's a warranty repair/replacement.

Thanks! yeah I'll definitely be going through apple from past experience!

• Advertisement
Advertisement