Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AOC monitor half white screen

Options
  • 03-08-2015 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

As the title suggest I have an AOC monitor and upon moving recently half the screen isn't working and is white. Can anybody advise what I need to do or what forum I should be in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Can you take a photo of it and post it ? Can you plug the monitor into another computer/laptop to eliminate the computer being at fault ?

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Yeah used the pc on my main tv just fine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Looks like the lcd panel is smashed. Doubt it's worth repairing given the price of monitors in the shops.

Ken

There are zero marks on it is what irks me

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

9bred4 wrote: »
    There are zero marks on it is what irks me
    You don't need to mark a panel to break it, a sharp drop can do it if you're unlucky. (It doesn't happen all that often to desktop monitors, so you were unlucky, but the picture you posted is exactly what happens when people drop laptops)

It would probably cost more to pay someone to repair it than it would cost to replace it, even if you could get the right part. You can buy smaller laptop screens from various places, because putting €100 in to fix a €700 laptop makes sense, but there isn't much of a market for larger replacement panels, where you'd be paying €100 for a part to put into a monitor that you can buy for €130.

• Advertisement

How do I get rid of this monitor so?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

in a WEEE bin from wherever you are buying your next monitor

Advertisement