Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Predictions - 2015/2016

Options
  • 03-08-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

One to come back in 9 months time. My predictions are below to kick us off.

Top scoring;

GK: Pantilimon
    DEF: Ivanovic
    MID: Hazard (this would be Walcott for me if he was guaranteed to play every week)
    FOR: Aguero

Most points overall: See top scoring MID section as above.

Most goals: Aguero

Most assists: Silva

Team with the most clean sheets: West Brom/Pulis

Best value player (points for price): Henderson at £7m should score 150+ and blow his price mark out of the water.

Worst value player/biggest flop: I actually have him in my team starting off but I'm going to go with a surprising selection and roll with Costa here. The injury issue has started already and we haven't even kicked off yet. In addition, there's the fact he's a mental case who could pick up red cards and will definitely pick up yellows, the lack of bonus points, and with Jose the way he is there's a chance he could give Falcao plenty of game time to say he managed to get him firing when van Gaal couldn't. I don't know - I just think over the course of the season, at £11m, Costa could well not prove to be worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Top scoring;

GK: Pantilimon
    DEF: Azpilicueta
    MID: Sanchez

Most points overall: Sanchez

Team with the most clean sheets: Chelsea

Best value player (points for price): Mitrovic

Worst value player/biggest flop: Oscar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Top scoring;

GK: Cech
    DEF: Mertesacker
    MID: Silva

Most points overall: Aguero

Team with the most clean sheets: Arsenal

Best value player (points for price): Ritchie

Worst value player/biggest flop: Coutinho

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

GK: Courtois
    MID: Hazard

Most points overall: Hazard

Most assists: Fabregas

Team with the most clean sheets: Chelsea

Best value player (points for price): Schmiechel

Worst value player/biggest flop: Worst value Di Maria for sure! Flop Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Top scoring;

GK: Cech
    MID: Walcott (or Sterling when Theo gets crocked)

Most points overall: Walcott

Most assists: Mata

Team with the most clean sheets: Arsenal, Chelsea a close second but the mileage may tell.

Best value player (points for price): Falcao, for the below (copied, thanks Paully) reason... and the fact that I don't think he was given a decent chance last year, he's already looking a bit sharper in pre-season. A world class player for 7.5

Worst value player/biggest flop: I actually have him in my team starting off but I'm going to go with a surprising selection and roll with Costa here. The injury issue has started already and we haven't even kicked off yet. In addition, there's the fact he's a mental case who could pick up red cards and will definitely pick up yellows, the lack of bonus points, and with Jose the way he is there's a chance he could give Falcao plenty of game time to say he managed to get him firing when van Gaal couldn't. I don't know - I just think over the course of the season, at £11m, Costa could well not prove to be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Top scoring;

GK: Fabianski
    DEF:Koscielny
    MID: Sanchez

Most points overall: Sanchez

Most assists: Fabregas

Team with the most clean sheets: Arsenal

Best value player (points for price): Henderson

Worst value player/biggest flop: Falcao

• Advertisement

How are people suggesting such highly priced players will be the best value? There are going to be a dozen 4.5m players that will be way better value than the top scoring 7m+ player!

jimmii wrote: »
    How are people suggesting such highly priced players will be the best value? There are going to be a dozen 4.5m players that will be way better value than the top scoring 7m+ player!
    Those ones are harder to predict. Nobody at 4.5 or even 5.0 (in the midfield and striker positions obviously) that I see now as being likely to become a real player this year. That isn't to say that someone won't, but I'm unable to predict who.

CSF wrote: »
    Those ones are harder to predict. Nobody at 4.5 or even 5.0 (in the midfield and striker positions obviously) that I see now as being likely to become a real player this year. That isn't to say that someone won't, but I'm unable to predict who.

Yeh can't imagine we will get another Kane this year but there are likely to be at least half a dozen 4.5 GKs who aren't that difficult to predict who are likely to hit 25+PPM which is very unlikely for any of the expensive midfielders and forwards.

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh can't imagine we will get another Kane this year but there are likely to be at least half a dozen 4.5 GKs who aren't that difficult to predict who are likely to hit 25+PPM which is very unlikely for any of the expensive midfielders and forwards.
    I always think of the value as relative in these sort of situations. I mean strictly speaking almost all 4.5 starting keepers are better value than Aguero.

CSF wrote: »
    I always think of the value as relative in these sort of situations. I mean strictly speaking almost all 4.5 starting keepers are better value than Aguero.

Yeh absolutely but that was what the question asked though no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A fun read looking back. I think it especially proves that the teams we start off with or the expectations we have will change massively throughout the season.

Don't even remember posting in this thread! Schmeichel as best value and the flops were flops I'll take that less said about my Chelsea love in the better!

Advertisement