Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2015 on Irish Television

Options
  • 03-08-2015 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

So far we can expect Ray D'Arcy's Saturday night show, another fire storyline in Fair City and the return of all the usual ****e,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So far we can expect Ray D'Arcy's Saturday night show, another fire storyline in Fair City and the return of all the usual ****e,

Brendan O'Connor is getting a Wednesday Night show! Might see the end of the Mid-Week movie.

TV3 have a new DIY reality TV show called House Rules from Australia.

Oh and Sunday and Saturday AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Any dates being released of when RTE, TV3, UTVi and TG4 show off their Autumn schedules with shiny brochures? It's normally over the next 2-3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

I don't get why RTE announce RTE 1 & 2 separately now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Phew, The Late Late Show is back.

• Advertisement

Possibly the worst announcement for RTÉ One in a long time. 2 new Dramas making up just 9 hours of TV. I am sure there are some good Documentries also for Monday Night but very little in between.

RTÉ2's announcement was always squashed into RTÉ One's hence why they have a separate one. Though if RTÉ One's is so loose on content, you'd not bother announcing anything for RTÉ2.

Next up TV3 I am guessing that David McWilliams won't feature.

TV3 are very late with their announcement. With just 4 days until CBB.

UTV are playing down they are selling off their TV division to ITV but it looks likely IMO.

Elmo wrote: »
    TV3 are very late with their announcement. With just 4 days until CBB.

I would expect TV3s one this Thursday - especially with X Factor, CBB and Saturday:am & Sunday:am starting over the weekend.

Irish TV had a launch to day. I read they think they are Russia Today, more like Ireland Yesterday wha wha wha!

First year since 2006 that TV3 haven't had a new season launch. I think they are just banking on XFactor, RWC and CBB. I wonder if they are holding off until November for newer TV3 programmes outside their usual and Red Rock. When does The Restaurant Start?

• Advertisement

Didn't a lot of programs promised by TV3 last year never materialize ??? I recall there was going to be a David McWilliams current affairs program and an Irish version of blind date

Blind Date was axed by Lynda McQuaid when she took over from Jeff Ford, so it never made it on.

Still time for them to have a new season launch, but it is surprisingly late.
    (unless you know for sure Elmo they are not having one?)

iseegirls wrote: »
    Blind Date was axed by Lynda McQuaid when she took over from Jeff Ford, so it never made it on.

Still time for them to have a new season launch, but it is surprisingly late.
    (unless you know for sure Elmo they are not having one?)

I think Blind Date was one of those suggested shows there have been a few others, and I think TV3 were contacted by one of the online entertainment sites and had to make an announcement particularly since Lucy Kennedy was in nearly every newspaper for a few months.

According to a tweet from one of The Restaurant Judges it won't start until January.

I'd say a TV3 event might take place in Oct as RWC comes to an end or maybe Nov.

Next one is TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭NorthDown2

When are TG4 announcing their autumn schedule? It is certainly later than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

I don't get why RTE announce RTE 1 & 2 separately now.

To give the impression they're actually doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Off topic (no where else to put this)

RTE One have a DOG with All Ireland Weekend as if we didn't know

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Pretty odd given that the match isn't actually being shown on RTE One, and apart from the traditional Up for the Match tonight I'm not sure there's any All Ireland related programming on RTE One at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Delta2113

- Total disgrace -what is the best RTE e-mail to make a formal complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

RTE Two have it as well as I saw it on there while I was watching The Simpsons before the Rugby highlights came on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

Delta2113 wrote:
    - Total disgrace -what is the best RTE e-mail to make a formal complaint?

What about other broadcasters at it TV3 for example .no point singling out RTE , its annoying from any broadcaster.

brick man wrote: »
    What about other broadcasters at it TV3 for example .no point singling out RTE , its annoying from any broadcaster.

I think a few people mentioned TV3's Red Rock Rewind dog/bug in another thread.

Advertisement